Shift: 8 AM – 5 PM (with variation as needed)
This advanced position is responsible for efficiently operating and managing the laboratory. Responsibilities include holding other employees responsible for work of the highest quality and ensuring all laboratory operations are performed within the framework of the Quality Assurance Plan, as well as establishing and maintaining SOPs for all environmental analyses and contributing to the formation and maintenance of QA/QC programs for the laboratory.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervises laboratory employees and ensures laboratory employees are following the written Quality Assurance Plan and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains QAP and SOPs.
- Performs, trains and oversees all analytical testing.
- Generates, quality checks and approves analytical test reports.
- Ensures all samples are prepared and analyzed in accordance with Solomon Corporation Laboratory’s existing QAP and SOPs.
- Ensures all samples reported meet Solomon Corporation Laboratory’s QC requirements.
- Capability to troubleshoot instrument maintenance issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recognize possible data discrepancies and investigate issues before lab reports are submitted.
- Possess ability to accurately train employees on higher level job functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and chromatography data software is required. Proficiency with LTM and Syspro is preferred.
- Maintains records required to establish regulatory compliance with TSCA and RCRA for Solomon Corporation
- Monitors non-compliant PCB material receipts and tracks disposal of non-compliant PCB material
- Performs warehouse inspections to ensure compliance with TSCA regulations
- Maintains TX Air permit and performs monthly and annual Hazardous Air Pollutant monitoring and reporting
- Performs weekly hazardous waste inspections and manages the disposal of hazardous waste
- Samples waste streams to determine hazardous waste potential
- Maintains SPCC plan and performs monthly SPCC inspections
- Maintains Stormwater permit and performs quarterly inspections
- Performs safety audits of facility
- Following SOPs, safety guidelines and all company policies
- Completes task and assignments as directed by the Environmental Manager
- Provides technical support to internal and external customer
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- College degree, required
- 3-5 years in an Environmental/Laboratory setting, required
- Transformer/PCB knowledge, required