Area: Environmental Health and Safety
This position is responsible for driving positive change in safety cultures, ability to produce professional safety documentation, ability to identify, mitigate, and teach co-workers about risk and ways to reduce it, eliminate it, and ensure the process sustains it.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Employee training and development on risk and exposures, improve work practices, and provide training with the ability to verify the training is a competency
- Conduct all types of typical safety training, annual training; forklift training, respirator fit program, SPCC program training, Hazardous Waste training, etc.
- Provide plant safety leadership and support with safety assignments, conduct audits for any of our facilities with recommendations, practical ideas for change
- Ability to create visual factory job aids that make it easier for co-workers to think about safety first before doing the work
- Management style that is collaborative and positive
- Recognition for success achieved in safety committees and at the Department level
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in safety management or engineering
- Related work history will be considered
- Computer Skills: Dakota software a plus, Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- 2-5 years progressive experience
- Must be able to provide work examples of programs created, metrics for success in previous positions related to safety improvements, evidence of safety culture, etc.
- Prefer work history in manufacturing, energy field or related industry
- Prefer work history with multiple organizations